Wednesday, January 24, 2007

  • It’s been awhile since I have written but my goodness it has been a busy January and with the weather we have had no need to stay inside. We finally have a touch of winter on the Outer Banks. It’s a little bit cool but the wind is staying low and the sunshine is out so it doesn’t feel bad. I have had spring fever as of late. I went out and bought herb seed I’ll plant then in a few weeks, ah fresh basil.



  • My boys and I aren’t big sports fans. I follow the Worlds Series and keep the TV on for the Super Bowl but I could not tell you the names of any of the players or any of the game stats still from time to time like to watch a game. I like to see form and order made from what appears to be chaos. The speed and accuracy that ball players can throw a baseball or a football is amazing. Even though I don’t follow any sport I feel that sports can teach young people a lot about life and I always encouraged my sons to participate. I loved watching my older boys play baseball and soccer but these are team sports and unlike my older boys my youngest had no interest what so ever in any team sport and believe me I tried all that were available in the area. My last option for him was the martial arts. Dare County offered TaeKwonDo at the rec-center so I asked him to try it out that was 3 years ago; this week he went to his first competition. He had been unwilling to attend a competition in the past, there are two a year, but I think he will be one of the first to sign up the next time. He had a blast and I must say I was impressed. There was a lot of power at that competition I saw a 12 year old female black belt that I would not want mad at me. The kids ages 3 to 17 were in total control of themselves while having a blast. There were adults competing and they were impressive but it is something to see a kid do the things these kids can do.

No comments: