Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oh wow how time has gone by. January is more that half over and I’m three days into my 49th year, my year of change. This is the year I move to the mountains. My youngest son will graduate from high school and I will be free. I love my boys but I'm ready for a change.

I have been working hard to get my house ready to sell. I did not think there was that much to do just paining and minor repairs but prepping for painting and fixing minor repairs takes a lot of time. I have also come to the conclusion that whether I like to admit it or not I am a pack rat. I have taken at least four loads of stuff to our local charity thrift shops and I have more to go.

The house is looking nice, inside the painting and minor repairs are almost done and the new carpet will be put down in about 3 weeks. I worked in the yard this past few days while the painter did his thing inside, you know for "curb appeal"; good thing I did because it looks like the weather is not going to be favorable for yard work this next week. We have been getting some good rains as of late; tonight we may even get a touch of snow….. well “they” say we have a chance of snow I don’t think its going to happen if it does I’ll post photos.


I found this web site The Story of Stuff with Annie Leonard on Fragments From Floyd it is a very interesting story it take about 20 minutes of your time but I feel it is worth it.

No comments: