Saturday, August 06, 2011

It is already August, the days are getting shorter, the trees are starting to have a yellow tinge to them and the garden is just about shot but that’s OK I came to the mountains to experience the change of seasons and I have loved every minute of it. I still have a lot to do before winter; I have an old locus tree that needs to be cut down and split into fire wood. I want to get some fall & winter “crops” planted this week. There are still tomatoes to be caned, apples and pears to be preserved and the second crop of black berries will be happening soon. I said that after the very active July I had I was going to “take it easy” this month. Staying home and getting ready for winter that’s taking it easy in my book.

The last three weeks have been quite busy. A friend of mine’s daughter got married, Floyd Fest X happened and I spent a few days in Abingdon VA.

The wedding was beautiful, Floyd Fest was hot in more than one way and Abingdon was a nice mental and physical cool down.

I will post photos in the next day or so




No comments: