Monday, January 02, 2012



Today it is quite cold and windy.  Today is one of the first truly cold days of this winter season making it a good day to reflect on another year that has gone by. I sit here at my computer watching the sun light up the bark of bare trees and the chickadee’s scuttle about unaware of the lurking cat looking at them from the porch step.  It looks cold outside but it is beautiful and I am thankful to have this view.

This past year has been a busy one; trips to the beach, the mountains and to New Orleans highlighted this year.  There were also many short excursions to places near by but equally fun.  I am very fortunate to have good friends that don’t mind me tagging along on their adventures and who don’t mind tagging along on some of mine. I did not get much done on the homestead this year but there is always next year.

Next year being this year I think I will concentrate more on the home front.  I will stick closer to home.  I do want to take one trip to Florida to visit a dear friend for a few days and I do have to go to the beach at least 2 times this year but other than that I will keep my adventures very close to home. 

Happy New Year. 

No comments: