Monday, September 02, 2019



 The big boy in the morning sun
 The little guy with his stick 

the river at Foster Falls VA

Me and the girls

OMG summer is almost over and I say almost because even though the official first day of fall is still 3 weeks away (Monday Sep 23, 2019) today is labor day and that means the end of summer.

I has been a fast busy summer.  We went from cool and wet to hot and dry. Oh my.  The summer started with 2 of my boys graduating college (thank the gods) Progressed to a normal summer of gardening, hanging with friends and working.  Things ended with a new job and the end of summer camping trip.  Very little has been different in my personal life.

But there is a lot of angst in the world "out there".  We have trouble in Hong Kong, trade wars, liars in high office, climate change, gun violence: there is a song about that:

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on.

Billy Joel


It is important to be informed but for me there is no sense in dwelling on things I cant control.  I will cut my consumption of the things that are harmful to the world.  I will conserve what I can and I will live my life with as positive an out look as I can.  And I will vote and support those that respect others and share my view that people are basically good and we need to help those that need help. Period!

Fall is coming, one of my favorite seasons.  Because there has been little rain I do not anticipate wonderful fall colors but fall brings cool clear nights just right for looking at the stars and cool pleasant days just right for taking walks.  Life is good.





No comments: