Sunday, November 13, 2005

down time

It’s been one heck of a week. Last weekend my computer either lost a vital file when a program was deleted or caught some kind of virus. Either way I spent 2 days finding back ways into programs so I could save information I wanted to disk in preparation for a reformat of the hard drive and then a reinstall of the programs I wanted to keep. Ladies and gentlemen I do not know what “Geeks on Call’ charge but I might just call them the nest time I have this type of problem. I spent 12 hours a day for 3 days strait just to get the computer working again. Most of that time was spent “figuring” out the most “logical” way to get at programs with out the use of a desktop. I will admit I found it somewhat rewarding when I was able to gain access to information I wanted, but I’m not a hacker and it got old after a while. Bottom line is now the computer is up and running. A lot of old programs that were not being used anymore have been deleted and there is a lot more room on the hard drive.

No comments: