Sunday, January 01, 2006

January 1, 2006

Day 1 2006 is at this time 16 hours long. I have not had time to reflect on the past or think about the future. That will have to wait. Last night at midnight I had hoped to watch the ball drop on Time Square but patients needs come first and I missed the ball by 1 min 30 seconds. I did not take it too bad after all Chicago would be celebrating an hour latter and I knew I would catch their fireworks. 1 o’clock came but more meds had to be given and fluids had to be changed. California was next, surely I could catch those fire works but it had been a very steady night and the girls and I were taking a break, doing a little chitchatting and to be quite honest I forgot to look. This year I did not get to watch the ball drop On Time Square or pop the cork on the alcohol free “champagne” but I did spend it with some great people doing something I love to do so I guess that’s a good way to start the year. Reflection can wait.

No comments: