Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It is less than 2 weeks from the closing date on the house sale and boy do I feel over whelmed. I have been in this house for almost 10 years and have accumulated a lot of stuff. I have had to rent two storage units to hold my things. I have gotten rid of a ton of stuff but just cant let some of my momentous go. Many years ago I heard a George Carlin skit that dealt with the American need to collect stuff and as I look at my different piles, the keep pile the sell pile and the toss pile I have to smile just a little because he was right; stuff does start to add up.

One of the hardest things for me in this move is leaving my kids. as aggravating as they might be I do enjoy their company so #3 son and I set up a web cam. its not as good a being there but it is nice to see their faces and talk real time. It kinda has a Jetsons feel to it.

No comments: