Monday, December 22, 2008

These past few days have gone by quickly. My #3 son is here on his winter break from school and I have been keeping him busy. He has helped me out a lot tomorrow we will be bringing a good size load of wood down to where I am staying to help keep me warm.


Yesterday was the first day of winter and today was I believe the coldest day of this season. Today I have been inside making carrot cakes for friends while #3 son is out and about with friends. Yesterday we spent a good deal of time at the cabin. I tried to position the cabin in such a way as to take advantage of the winter sun. To me it looks like a wood stove and the sun should keep me toasty.



We have done some driving around the county this past weekend and while on Alum Ridge we pulled over to get a few shots of these cows. They look like Oreos to me. I don’t have the slightest ideal what type of cattle they are but their interesting

2 comments:

roanokeis said...

The cows are known as Belted Galloways. Love the photo and your cabin. Have been following your blog for several years now. Merry Christmas!

Cindy Lee said...

Thanks for the info on the cows. Its funny to see these "strip around the waste" cows among all the black, brown and black and white spotted cows.

Merry Christmas to you also!!!