Friday, December 03, 2010



We had a dusting of snow yesterday evening which explains why it is only 30 degrees and not colder. The thick cloud cover helps keep the out door temps “up”; of course my handy dandy wood stove is very welcome for the indoor heat, I love wood stove heat on cold days. I do have to work for that heat but I don’t mind hell it gives me something to do…..


The dusting of snow we got last night was not the only weather I can talk about we had a hell of a storm Tuesday t. Coming home from work that night the rain was coming down in sheets and side ways. Luckily for me the rain let up just a little when I got home so I did not get soaking wet opening and closing the gate to the driveway. That night I was awakened from time to time by pops and bangs. In the morning I found the deck chairs down in the field and a small tree across my driveway. I have been working a lot lately, I leave early and it is dark by the time I get home so I could not do any clean up until today and I have to get things done today including getting that tree out of the lane because it is going to snow 1-3 inches tomorrow. One more cup of coffee and I’m off to start a typical day of living in the country.

No comments: