Saturday, April 16, 2011


Trip smells spring


just a taste of Willis spring color


on one of the trials near Blowing Rock NC


the valley before brunch

the valley after Brunch

It’s been a busy few weeks for me. I have been getting things ready for spring planting and trying to catch up on some outside repairs of course I have been working in between storms. It seems that every day I am off it is either raining or I have to “do something” away from home.

Last Friday a friend and I went to Blowing Rock NC for the weekend and there was a tornado that set down about 40 miles from my house, that was a blessing but I was told that the wind and rain at my place was torrential. This week end the same storm system that started in Oklahoma has brought an unbelievable amt of rain to us in south western Virginia. The fields down from my cabin have a stream running down one side of them. That stream became a river today. I had never seen it do that before. That land is pasture land and hay field in a flood plain and today I could see why it will most likely not be used for anything else.







No comments: