Sunday, June 10, 2012




As I have said I am going to be staying close to home this summer and with so many great things to do around here it is promising to be a busy summer.  Last night I went to Claytor Lake for their annual Beach Festival, I met some friends who had been there all day so I was able to enjoy an early evening dinner and nighttime fireworks with out having to do any of the work finding a place or setting up. 

My understanding is that Claytor Lake Beach Festival is a yearly event; I could tell from the crowd that it is a successful event.  It is nice to see so many people of different cultures and ages together enjoying themselves.  We were seated next to some foreign Virginia Tec students.  They were perfect strangers but by the time it came to watch the fireworks we were “friends” they were patient with me and answered my nosey questions about their language and what they were studying.  Don’t believe the news the world is full of very nice people.





Yesterday was a busy one. Not only did I go to Claytor Lake but  I built a gate for the garden and cleaned out some “flower” beds.  I have not been that successful with flowers but I do keep trying.  Today looks like another good day; I am going to spend it getting some mowing done and doing some mulching.  I love working outside but I will be needing a rain day soon, the house is getting a little ratty looking……

No comments: