Saturday, October 15, 2005

hitting the floor running

This past few weeks has given me a full understanding of the term hitting the floor running. This is the first time in some time that I have had more than a very few moments to sit down and write. Mom had her bypass surgery this past Wednesday and with pre-op testing and surprise last minute Dr. appointments she has kept me busy. As of 5am today she was doing very well.
I have also been busy helping my Albanian neighbor prepare to move. Although she speaks very good English some folks have difficulty understanding her and she still has difficulty with some of the nuances of the English language so she is dependent on her friends to help her not get taken advantage of. Of course this is not the first friend I helped move in the past few weeks, some dear friends and neighbors of mine left for Texas the end of last month. I will dearly miss all my friends. The holidays will not be the same, we spent them together like family. Well the sun is coming up and I’m off to help a friend pack. It’s amazing how much you can get into a U-Haul

No comments: