Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Election 2006

I do not want this site to be a political or religious site, an adversarial site. My personal goal is to just write about the little things that go on around me. Much of my writing is of little interest to anyone but me, BUT sometimes I read or become exposed to something that I feel has to be shared. Today when I went over to Tony Plutonium's blogg he had a link to this message Truthdig - Reports - After Pat’s Birthday. This is a letter written by a solder whose solder brother died in Iraq .

When those of you who have the opportunity vote Tuesday November 7th think about what direction you want this country to go in. Do you want to “Stay the Course” or do you want to at least look at other options. Do you really think that when one part of the population is denied a right that it will not eventually affect the rights of the rest of the population? Ben Franklin one of our founding fathers said “Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.” Words that have not lost their meaning even after 230 years.

No comments: