Sunday, November 04, 2007

I woke up this morning to the whine of the dogs; you see they don’t know that there has been a change in time. I looked at red glowing numbers on my clock (6:27) and then at the stream of light filtering through my heavy duty drapes and thought thank god I did not have to work last night because those folks have another hour to go. The time change is hard enough for those of us that were able to sleep through it but imagine going to work at 7pm you putt along doing your job and before you know it 1 am comes along and you think to yourself “half the shift is over” but wait it's time change time so when 2 am comes along it’s 1am again. To actually work through the time change is not fun. When morning comes along you just want to go home, unfortunately anything can happen and you might just have to stay a little longer. Night shift is hard and the time change doesn’t make it any easier.

We had been feeling the effects of hurricane Noel here on the Outer Banks for the past few days with dreary gray sky's and a stiff wind, but today the sky's are bright the wind calm. It will be a good day to take the boys and girls (dogs) out for a run, but first at least two cups of coffee!

I sent copies of my mountain home plans to some builders the beginning of last week and I am anxiously awaiting their reply. I have to go up for some business this next week (weather permitting) it would be nice to chat with one of them while I’m up there. Building a house is like having a baby. You find out you are going to do it and then go around getting everything in place and then wait for the mile stones and sometimes that takes a while.

4 comments:

swamp4me said...

Best of luck with the house. We are getting ready to build, too. The plans are all ready to go and the contractor is lined up - now we just need the money :)

BTW, I hate daylight saving time! Drives me crazy in the spring and then again in the fall.

Cindy Lee said...

Thanks good luck with yours also. keep it green :-)

Jet said...

My Aunt Rosa owner of the Greek Hillbilly Rest. you went to told me that you are looking for a builder. My husband is a Class A Contractor in Floyd Co. and we are an auth. dealer for Nationwide Custom Homes. You can view there homes at nationwidecustomhomes.com and email us at cchomes@swva.net it this might be of interest to you.
I hope you enjoyed the resturant.
Where is your property located? Willis, Floyd, etc.

Anonymous said...

Jet. Thank you for your comment.

I enjoyed talking to your aunt and Tina very much and the food at the restaurant was just plain good!

My property is in Willis off of Burks Fork Rd, not far from your Aunts restaurant. I have looked into modular homes but they are just too big for me. I want my house to be around 800sqf. I believe that we are a very wasteful society and consume way more than we need and while I'm not a "tree hugger" I do want to reduce my "foot print" and since I am unwilling to get rid of my Jeep (I love that car) I will try and cut my impact on the environment in other ways. recycling and living in a small house are two ways I hope to reduce that foot print.