Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It started as a dreary day here on the Outer Banks. We woke up to a warm foggy morning. The humidity was high, the ground wet with dew. The warm weather is forecasted to last through thanksgiving. Many would be happy with the warm temps but to be quite honest I prefer it to be cooler this time of year. I want to stuff myself on a big thanksgiving meal and when its warm out side I just can’t do that (comfortably).

The boys, my mom, and I are going to Pennsylvania this year for Thanksgiving. We will be visiting family there. We will be traveling in two vehicles because this is where having a Wrangler gets to be a bit tight. You see there is no way 5 people are fitting in that Jeep! This trip will also be interesting in that I will be hauling a trailer, my mom uses an electric scooter and that’s coming with us. I cant seem to get the hang of backing the thing up so I always pull into where ever I’m going, unhitch the trailer and manually push the thing to wherever it needs to go. The boys don’t know I cant back a trailer so it will be one more piece of fuel for the laugh at mom fire. Oh well that’s what moms are for.

We will be packing a lot into 2 days. Thursday is Thanks giving dinner and Friday is a trip to the Pocono’s for some and paintball for others and then dinner with family and friends. We will be returning to the Banks on Saturday tired and stuffed. Oh the holidays!!

I hope all who read this have a happy November 22, no matter what country you are from!!!

No comments: