Friday, March 14, 2008

I took a quick trip up to the mountains this week. I Left my house here on the beach at 5am Thursday so that I could meet with a few excavators that afternoon. The meetings went too well; now I have to choose between two very nice and capable men. I think I will be going with the one with the bigger equipment. I have some rock that has to be moved and he can do it one way or the other. The other guy is “almost” sure he can do it and unfortunately I can’t afford to “try and see”. My gut says he can do it my pocket book says don’t take the chance I can’t afford to pay twice.

While I was up there I took a ride into Floyd and took care of some other “house” business and then went on ahead and introduced myself to Doug Thompson of http://www.blueridgemuse.com/. I have been visiting his blog for a few years now. He has a photo shop and show room in the Village Green in down town Floyd. Mr. Thompson is a very nice soft spoken man not at all as scary as his writing makes him seem be. He has an obvious love for his wife Amy and her work; she is also a photographer. He seems to appreciate the other photographers and artist in the area giving me the names and shop locations of a few of them. I will be sure to check them out next time I’m in town.

I left for home this morning (Friday) at around 6:30am. I have so much to do here that I had to come home. Of course the weather here on the beach has been just great. I hope it holds up for the “Kelly’s St Patrick’s day parade” this Sunday. It’s the largest St. Patrick’s parade in North Carolina and it happens rain or shine the Sunday before St Patrick’s Day every year. A few folks I know will be enjoying a picnic while they watch the parade. Around here its just as much fun to watch the spectators as it is to watch the participants. This is one of those bring the kids, bring the dogs, come as you are or get dressed up kind of events. This is a good site for up coming Outer Banks events http://www.outerbanks.org/

2 comments:

Tony Plutonium said...

Despite what they tell us, we're convinced that ALL women go for the guy with the bigger equipment.

Cindy Lee said...

Ha Ha :-)