Sunday, March 09, 2008

I let the dogs sleep on my bed last night, something I seldom ever do, but I have been neglecting them as of late so I acquiesced to their whines and let them on the bed. It was a fitful night, I’m not use to sharing my bed, which convinced me that if I am ever fortunate enough to find the perfect man I’m gonna have to get a bigger bed.

This morning I also woke up to the first day of daylight savings time, an interesting twist on time suggested by Ben Franklin in the 1700's and first introduced to the American people in 1918 as a way to increase leisure time and maybe save a little energy. I had not reset the clocks last night so this morning I have been quietly turning clocks ahead. Some of the energy stealing gadgets I have, you know the ones with the little green lights that are always on using a trickle of power all the time, had already changed their time. I know I should unplug or at least connect all these devises to power strips that can be easily turned off but the DVD recorder has to be reprogrammed every time it’s unplugged and I’ve gotten use to the convenience of just picking up a remote and just turning one of the gadgets on from any where in the room, in other words I’m lazy. With the ever increasing cost of energy I need to get un-lazy; I’ll put that on my list.

Another thing I woke up to today was a change in the weather. We have had GREAT weather here on the Banks. Mild temperatures and just the right amount of rain, I had to cut my grass last week and will need to cut it again soon. Yesterday nature let us know that a change was in the air. We had torrential rain followed by a fierce wind and sound side flooding. This morning the wind has let down a bit but the temperature has dropped. I don’t think I will be outside much today. It is only beginning March and this change in weather happens every year. That slap in the face by nature that says "get real it’s not spring yet! Did you not listen to that Pennsylvania ground hog? You have a ways to go before spring!" When I let the dogs out this morning all I could say was burrrr.

Well time to go. I don’t know what I’m gonna do today but I gotta go do it.

No comments: