Monday, March 16, 2009

I was talking to my #2 son, venting was more like it, when he said to me “things haven’t gone too great for you up there (the Mt’s)” Lets face it, it took longer than I had hoped to find a contractor to build the house and its taking even longer to actually build it. Every thing I have wanted to do has cost a lot more than I had budgeted. Someone burned my barn down and now…. I hate my job. Humm. I will admit that lately I have wondered if I did the right thing in moving up here. I miss my family, I miss my friends and god knows I miss my job. I am not where I wanted to be by now. Things are not going the way I want them to go. So why am I here?

Rounding the corner, just before I turned on to road that leads to my house I saw the Buffalo wrapped in clouds. I saw the first live skunk I have ever seen up here. I saw baby cows jumping and running. When I got on my road I felt at home. A house is just a house, some day it will be finished. A job is just a job I can always find another. I miss my friends but I have been very privileged to meet a lot of very good people up here and the phone and internet allow me to keep in touch with my distant friends. The reason I am up here is because I want to be. Its not heaven but for me it’s close.… kinda.





No comments: