Monday, March 02, 2009

Some day that will be home

We had a bit of snow Saturday and Sunday. While getting to work on Saturday was no big deal it took 2 hours to get there on Sunday. On the way to work Sunday I took a little “slide” trip. I got a little cocky and went a little too fast for the conditions. My south bound Jeep and I wound up in the north bound lane; I came close to ending up in the ditch. It was a good thing it happened where and when it did because pretty much as soon as I came out of the skid and was back in my lane a road scraper followed by 3 or 4 cars, one a sheriff, pass by heading north. Needless to say I watched my speed the remainder of the way home.


Coming home this morning was no big deal until I hit Burk’s Fork road. As soon as I turned off 221 the snow was at least a foot deep. I was putting along just fine until I came across a group of vehicles stopped on the road. The land rover driven by a man named Lynn and his son Wyatt was in the process of pulling two pick up trucks out of the ditch. I was asked to back up a bit and in doing so I got stuck, so sad to say my wrangler got pulled out of a ditch by a land rover. I will be getting a wench before next winter. It was a good thing I did get stuck because just a little further up the road the snow drift was so high that there was no way I was going to get by. Lynn recommended a different way and I got home, no problem at all.


The dogs loved the snow the cat was not impressed


The snow was so beautiful and to me it feels warmer with snow on the ground, less depressing. I hate that I have to go to sleep today because snow only last for a few days then it either melts or turns yellow.

No comments: