Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I’m sitting here this afternoon listening to the sound of the weather as it rolls in. The sky has darkened and the wind is picking up. I can hear thunder in the distance and the air is noticeably cooler. To me this is so relaxing to the girl dog that is not the case; she is curled at my feet, head up and ears back, to her thunder is a frightening thing, one of the few things that will slow her down and make her willingly heal to me. This weather draws me to sit by the window where I can see the pond. Drops of rain have begun to dance on its surface. With the window slightly ajar I can hear the tin roof sound off as each tiny drop of rain hits it, this noise rises and falls with the passing of rain clouds some times building to and almost deafening crescendo. Outside the grass looks greener in this filtered light and the air smells clean and fresh. Oh what a lovely afternoon.

No comments: