Wednesday, April 15, 2009

peach blossoms; the first to come out on the property

It has been brought to my attention by a few folks that is has been awhile since I have written in my blog. Well I have been in the dumps as of late and have not felt like writing. It is spring and I’m still not in my cabin. I’m still living out of boxes. By now I had hoped to be looking for new furniture and other stuff for the cabin. I haven’t been able to start the garden I had hoped to start this year. I can’t start anything because I can’t protect it from the wild life. I saw a herd of at least 8 deer on my property yesterday. When I’m living there the dogs will discourage the deer (that’s the theory anyway). And to top it all off I’m working at a job I’m not real happy with.

The weather here has been…… wet but is going to be a beautiful spring. Already the grass is coming in and when the sun hits it, it glows an almost neon green. I love the way the clouds seem to roll over the mountains, I love the fresh crisp feel of the morning. I see something new every day; a new bird, animal, plant. I love the wild life. What is bringing me down is the flocken cabin. It’s like a bad pregnancy; No matter how crappy it makes you feel its going to last as long as it lasts and there is nothing you can do about it!! I’m ready for this baby to be born!!!!

If I can get off work for a few days I think I will head on back to the beach just to clear my head. I need a mini vacation!!

No comments: