Sunday, July 05, 2009


I spent a few hours at the Floyd Fandango Beer & Wine Fest today. I was supposed to spend all that time directing traffic but because of the weather traffic was light and I was able to scout things out. I will say that for the very short time I was there I had a great time. I heard three bands, Robert Jospe & Inner Rhythm Sextet, Blue Mule and my favorite Basshound. I experienced my first wine tasting, I don’t seem to have much of a wine pallet, and checked out some pretty good beer. Of course I got a funnel cake. There were some nice vender's there but because I was pressed for time I could not check them all out. I’m going to do my best to take in a full day next year. Its’ a bit pricey at $30 a person and then you have to pay $5 for a wine or beer glass and then pay a $1 to taste the beer (you get a nice big “sip” for a $1, it seemed worth it to me and the wine is “free”) I feel if you factor in a whole day of music its worth it.

No comments: