Monday, September 21, 2009

It’s the last day of summer, my mind was thinking that yesterday was but I was corrected so here I sit looking out my windows at the clouds rolling over the top of the Buffalo wondering where the year has gone. Fall is my favorite season. I love the change in the air, the cool crisp mornings and almost blanket needing nights. I love the way the sun reflects on the tree leaves as they change color. I have been told not to expect much in the way of fall colors, we had a wet beginning of summer followed by a very dry mid August and early September and I have been told that that leads to a less than stellar fall show but I don’t care. On the beach we had two seasons summer and winter so any change is nice to me. I will say that fall on the beach is wonderful, just in a different way.

If all goes well I will get back to the beach soon, fall and spring are the best times on the Outer Banks!!

I was not able to plant a garden this spring so I am attempting a small fall garden. I may have planted too late but what the hay. The cabbage and broccoli are doing ok’ish the collards are not, all have been eaten by bugs so I sevens dusted them. I did not want to use the dust but it was that or no hope for cabbage at all. We will see what happens. That is one thing I missed about the beach this year, the early garden, of course by July it was almost too hot so I guess its all relative.



No comments: