Sunday, November 14, 2010


Well things are calming down a bit. I have been off work for the past 4 days and other than today I have just been hanging around home. Today a friend and I went over to Amrhein Wine Cellars for their fall harvest soup weekend, had lunch and then took a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Other than today I have been passing my time cleaning up around the cabin and digging a trench so I can put down conduit to run power from the cabin to the shed. I am hoping to have a mini-shop in the shed. Just a work bench and a few power tools; something to keep me busy...

My cabin in 100 years, Just kidding this is one of the cabins you can see on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Weather here has been very mild so far. During the day we have been in the upper 60’s and sunny sooo living in a house with southern facing windows I have had to keep the windows open. I guess this has been a good thing because I’m using less of the wood I have spent so much time and energy putting up for the winter. Winter will come and with it cold temps, hopefully I am ready.

No comments: