Sunday, July 14, 2013


What a bitter sweet day in paradise, the temperature has been mild, the birds have been singing and the big puffy clouds kept the sun from being too intense; what a wonderful day for working in the garden but it is also the 1 year anniversary of my mom’s death.  365 days ago my mom passed from this existence and entered into another that none of us mortals can know. 

I woke this morning with her on my mind, my heart was heavy and as if to accentuate this feeling in me the sky was full of clouds and it was raining.  But a heavy heart and rainy skies would not do, the clouds thinned allowing the sun to shine and a gentle breeze caressed my face.  My mom was not a person to allow unpleasantries slow her down, she would not sit by a window and cry, she would get up and live her day.  I would like to think she gave me this beautiful day to remember her by.  Thanks mom!!!





No comments: