Friday, April 08, 2005

Friday a good day

I have so much to do the last thing I need to be doing is spending time writing to myself but I have the urge to blog so here goes.

Spring has sprung here on the Outer Banks. I had to turn the AC on so I could sleep the other day. Too much noise going on outside with all the construction not to mention the lawn mowers and yes the birds and dogs. That’s what happens when you work nights the things you most enjoy become a nuscence when you need sleep!

The Popes funeral has taken the headlines this week. Next week it will be the conclave and then the news will be back to war, death, destruction and Michael Jackson. All the politicians who joined in solidarity at the funeral will again be at each others throats. People will once more look at natures fury and mans stupidly and again declare that Armageddon on the horizon. Very little ever changes in the big picture.

My small picture is good. My youngest turned 15 yesterday and it was a good day. My older sons are doing well. My grass is green, the tulips are going to bloom for the first time EVER, and the fresh fruit stand opened April 1st. My job, family and friends keep me in constant motion making it seem as though I’m in a losing battle with time but I would not have it any other way. For me at this moment life is good.

Well that is it for today’s blog. I need to get the basement cleaned and the laundry finished. Of course I would be done if I had not gone to the neighbors and had coffee but Turkish coffee with friends is not to be passed up.

No comments: