Saturday, April 01, 2006

Oh my, another week has gone past. This time of year always fly’s by for me. There is sooo much to do and I seem to be doing it all at once. Work picks up, folks taking a little time off gives me a little more work to do. This is the time of year I try to get repairs done around the house and in the yard. Fresh paint on the doors and trim make the house look cleaner and picking up yard debris helps get the yard ready for use. This week was also made busier by my trip to Norfolk to see my niece and her family. They recently moved to the area, it’s nice to have family only 2 hours away and it was great seeing her children, some for the first time!!

Time spent on the computer this week has been spent checking out Windows XP. My son put his own computer together and now he needs an operating system. I have been trying to figure out which is best the Windows XP home edition that sells for $199 or the Windows XP OEM version that sells for $80. Decisions decisions. I have also been looking at designated e-book readers I think I have settled on the eBookwise-1150. I want something that will allow me to just read. I don’t need a palm pilot, I just need to be able to download something I want to read be it a book or an article or a bunch of new policies I’m supposed to go over and be able to take it to the beach the mountains or bed and read just like I would if I were reading a book or magazine. Sony has a new one coming out in the “spring of 2006” but it’s over $300 and I’m just not going to spend that kind of money on a book reader. The eBookwise-1150 sells for around $140 after tax and shipping is added and it comes with a memory card. It has a few drawbacks but the good seems to out weigh the bad. Hummmm……

Well tomorrow starts another very busy week and it starts with less time thanks to the beginning of daylight savings time.

No comments: