Thursday, September 07, 2006

* I don’t watch much TV there are only 4 shows I watch regularly and one of those is in its last season (season #10) another one of them is “Dead Like Me” it is a “dark” comedy/drama that I feel is very uplifting and hopeful. I hope it makes it.

* My #3 son will be getting his drivers license by the end of the month. There are advantages and disadvantages, good and bad in everything in life. The advantage to this license is that I don’t have to take him everywhere anymore the bad part is I don’t have to take him everywhere anymore. My sons and I have the best talks in the car. We talk of the world and the events that take place. I give them advice and they tell me what is going on in their world. I will miss these conversations. I realized this last night when my #3 son and I were driving together and the conversation went to the book “Of Mice and Men” and from there to Buggs Bunny. (There is a connection some who read this will know what it is)

In the car there are no distractions, no phone, no TV, no computer; the radio may play in the background but that can be turned off without any problem. The car forces those in it to concentrate on the conversation at hand with the people next to them. I will never have a regular cell phone; I will keep my pay as you go phone. I refuse to allow my car to become anything else but the sanctuary it is. I will hope that from time to time my kids will need a ride because I love the uninterrupted car conversations.

* “The Day the Earth Stood Still” what a great movie; played couch potato yesterday and watched it on AMC.

* This article on an electric car that goes 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds SCI FI Tech. If oil prices stay high there is hope, as soon as the price goes down I bet the research money dries up.

2 comments:

Tony Plutonium said...

Klaatu Barada Necktie!

(Ash from "Army of Darkness")

Cindy Lee said...

one phrase goes a long way:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaatu_barada_nikto
Klaatu barada nikto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you will be suprised how many writers and directors were influenced by that phrase