Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh my what a weekend we had and its Wednesday already. With Ernesto breezing through last Thursday and Friday it was difficult to know how the Labor Day weekend was going to turn out. Work Friday and Saturday was kinda slow which is not a bad thing when you do the type of work I do. I have a feeling this was due to the storm. Folks waited to see what was going to happen before they headed to the beach.

When I got up Sunday afternoon it was a beautiful day and I planed on reading and hanging out around the house, well my neighbors had other plans for me. They live in Northern Virginia and come down whenever they can; this time they brought company. I being the good neighbor accepted their invitation to come over planning to have one beer, visit for a little while and then head on home; well 3:30am and 6 beers later I walked on home. Folks I did not wake up with a hangover but it took me 2 days to recover. I guess this old body can’t handle working 2 night shifts followed by a late night of socializing.

Yesterday was spent doing mom things and just catching up; today my butt is not getting out of the recliner until 3pm when I have to pick my son up from school. Well maybe I’ll finish that load of laundry and sweep up the dog hair ……….

No comments: