Saturday, November 04, 2006


Saturday at the pumpkin patch


First touch of the Atlantic Ocean

Sunset Tuesday

Nags Head Pier Wednsday

Well another week has gone by, flown by is more like it. But it was a good week. I spent last Saturday with my niece and her 4 children in Norfolk. We took the children to a fall “event” that included a petting zoo and pumpkin patch. I can tell you this; I now know why the young have children and god must have installed an amnesia gene because I don’t remember the noise and constant motion and shear exhaustion that is included in an outing with a bunch of young children. They were great though and I glad I went.

I worked Sunday. Monday I went back up to Norfolk and picked up my grand niece and brought her to the beach for a short visit. We did very simple things like walking along the beach; this is the first time as far as she knew that she had dipped her feet into the Atlantic Ocean, we went to the sound and watched the sunset. She got to meet her Great Grandmother for the first time as far as she could remember. Wednesday we went to the Nags Head Pier had breakfast and then walked to the end of the pier to watch the dolphin play in the cool Atlantic water; we then took a stroll on the beach. It was hard to pull her away from the water but we needed to go; she had to go home and I had to go back to work. I’m looking forward to next spring when I can bring her and hopefully her brother down; if all goes well we can have a bonfire on the beach and take flash lights to look for crabs as they scurry around after dark.

I think I’m beginning to remember a little of what raising little ones was like (at least the good part's)

No comments: