Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Today life is good on the Outer Banks. I was out and about getting errands done so I decided to check out the ocean. I was down by Whalebone Junction so I whipped on in and then quickly out of Jennettes Pier. The Aquarium purchased the pier a few years back after it was damaged by a storm so I wanted to see what they had done to it. Well from what I could see not much. The parking area was gone and there was no way I was going to drive my little Focus in sand. So I went one street up to Grayeagle where I knew there would be a beach access that I could see the pier from. Well as you can see from these photos storms have been taking their toll.

Jeannette’s Pier


This is the beach access. Its damaged; the steps to the beach are gone

One cool thing about this access is that you can stand
on top of the dune and see the ocean


and sound

It gives you a feel of just how narrow these barrier islands are. There are areas that are miles wide but they are the exception not the rule.

No comments: