Monday, March 26, 2007

  • For the past few years I have been planning my move to the mountains. I have been saying that in 3 years, in 2 years and now next year I will be selling my house and building a new one in the mountains. Next year will come sooner than I think so I have put together a list of things that need to be done before I try to sell my house. The kitchen counter will need to be replaced because one time when my #1 son was at home ill he moved my grow lamp out of his way. When he did this he put it bulb side down and burned a perfect round hole in the counter. I could not get mad the kid was very sick I was just glad the house did not catch fire. I have to replace one of the inside doors. One day when I was not at home my #2 son started bugging my #3 son and a fight ensued, they have my fiery Irish blood, #2 son ran into my room and #3 son hit it with his fist the fight ended right there and then but the hole remains. There are other little reminders of the kids like the piece of door trim that marks the kid’s height as they grew, that will be removed and come with me. I long ago got rid of the “bath tub” ring that seemed to form along the stair walls and doors but the walls will still need to be painted and just about every light switch plate will need to be replaced. The switches themselves will need to be cleaned with a tooth brush. There are a lot of little things that need to be done, a piece of trim replaced here updating a light fixture there. Any little thing I can get out of the way now will help reduce the stress when the big things get done next year.
  • I have one attribute that I am happy with. I like learning new things and I’m willing to try anything as long as it does not cause harm to others or their property. I’m not always successful but what the hell I’m game I’ll give it a go. Well I am learning how to back a trailer and it aint easy. I know that the folks in the office down at the club house must be shaking their heads as I pull my trailer forward and then back it up again trying to remember that I must turn the wheel right to turn the trailer left. I am trying to figure out if it is it easier to look at the side view mirrors or should I use the rear view mirror.?Do I put my hands at the top of the steering wheel or should I try placing them at the bottom? I have done research on how to back a trailer. I have had people explain the mechanics and I understand what has to be done but it is not a natural action for me. It took me a while to learn how to use a rudder on a sail boat even though I knew what had to be done it was hard to do it. I will get this trailer backing down; today I was able to back it in, two days ago I had to disconnect it and push the trailer in by hand. I have 25 bags of leaves to take to the maintenance yard tomorrow and I will be backing this trailer in one way or the other.

1 comment:

Samuel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.