Thursday, March 22, 2007

It’s been a week since I took possession of my Jeep and what have I done with it except to go back and forth to work and run errands? Nothing. Last week I asked my #1 son to go with me to the beach, he said it was too cold for him and suggested I wait until “it was worth it”. I have tried hard to raise my kids to be reasonable, to think before they acted but damn it I wanted to take my jeep on the beach! I did not care that it was cloudy and windy last weekend but the #1 son just kept pointing out why it was not a good time to go. I guess what convinced me was when he reminded me that if I took the Jeep on the beach I would have to clean it. Humph….. I hate it when the kids are right.

If all goes well this weekend the boys and I will be off to the beach in south Nags Head this coming Sunday. Remember you need a permit to drive on Nags Head Beaches.

It’s a great day here on the Outer Banks. I have had some of the windows and doors open. I have taken all the plants outside and placed them in a sheltered warm place, soon I will be able to put them in their more permanent summer places. I love this time of year.

No comments: