Thursday, May 24, 2007

I will say that the weather on the Banks this past week has been PERFECT. Temperatures in the upper 60’s to 70 with bright sun and mild winds. It has been a pleasure to be out. Work has been slow but of course that will change Friday when the first batch of true summer visitors arrives. I think it will be a good weekend for any who visit.

As good as things are promising to be here at the beach my #3 son and I will be leaving for the mountains Friday for a short (48 hours) trip. #3 son has found the perfect summer job, he will be installing wireless internet. This trip may be the only time this summer he will make it to the mountains and as I enjoy his company and the fact that he likes it up there as much as I; short trip or not we are going.

One little thing about the cost of gas. It went up 4 cents yesterday to $313 a gallon. I’m not the least bit surprised. I can’t wait to see what kind of profits the oil companies post this year. You would think they would have spent some of the profits from last year on refinery updates. Oh well. I love my Jeep but I will be using it less this year. All trips will be thought out, no short trips to the store. I’m also looking into electric scooters. What would be ideal is to have one that could be charged using solar. I really think that renewables are the future. When I’m living in the mountains I will need a 4 wheel drive but for short trips a scooter would work just fine. This web site is a good source of information related to electric and hybrid vehicles www.evworld.com

1 comment:

Tony Plutonium said...

Commuting again is killing me. I bought my Xterra when I was telecommuting and only put 50,000 miles on it the first 5 years. Now that I'm working in an office again, I'm having to consider a second (much more efficient) vehicle.

Maybe a good excuse to buy a new motorcycle... :-D