Wednesday, June 06, 2007


Just some folks enjoying the beach


Dolphin's and boats

Wet jeep

I went down with a few friends to Oregon Inlet yesterday and other than the fly’s it was a great beach day (the wind was out of the west and that always means biting fly’s) As you can see from the photos it’s a great place to bring the family. You can only get to this beach with 4 wheel drive and you need to take note of the tide. If you go out at low tide you have to watch out; you would not want your vehicle sinking in the sand when the tide comes back in. Anyway we were treated to pelicans, dolphins and boats so there was always something to watch.

When we got home I did not close up the jeep, big mistake, it stormed last night and even though I had put the roof up and closed the windows I had not put the side panels back on. The storm was so bad that the instrument panel and inside windshield were wet. I woke up at 03:33 this morning to the sound of very heavy rain and thought oh well it’s a jeep. I did not expect a ½ inch of rain water in the back foot wells, but no big deal, jeeps have a plug you can pull and let the water drain out. She is sitting out in the sun right now and by the time I have to go to work she should be dry.

No comments: