Saturday, June 30, 2007

the kids on the beach: a little bit of a ghost in that photo

ghost crab; web photo

I brought 2 of my nieces kids down for the weekend. I had promised them a long time a go that I would take them to the beach and let them look for ghost crabs but it did not look promising last night. On our way down from Norfolk I stopped at the “Grave Digger” monster truck “dungeon” to let them see the monster trucks. Right after we left it started to pour rain with a little lightning and thunder thrown in for good measure. It rained a good while and I thought we might not make it to the beach but as luck would have it things cleared enough for us to take an evening stroll on the beach. As we were leaving we saw a ghost crab scurry by we followed it with our flashlights. The kids were amazed at how big the crab was and when right in front of their eyes it disappeared into the sand unfortunately it happened too fast and there was no time to get a shot.

No comments: