Saturday, June 16, 2007


My mother and I walked over to the “farmers market” in down town Manteo today. It was a good walk for me, mom lives about a mile from town, and we got to walk down some of the quiet roads in town. The market did not have much to offer by way of local produce, I did find some local blueberries and cherry tomatoes yum, but I did know some of the vender's and they were local and that is what farmers market’s are about, local people selling fresh and when ever possible local products to the local community. Hopefully there will be more locally grown produce when the local growing season reaches its peak in mid July. I can’t wait for the fresh corn that will be available around July 4th!




This is a shot of an actress that I think is portraying Queen Elizabeth. She is sitting on the old court house steps down town Manteo

Mom trying to figure out how to use her camera as we wait for coffee at the Coffeehouse in Manteo

No comments: