Thursday, August 09, 2007

I have been intending to get a shot of the beach ever since I got home from my mountain trip but it’s just been too darn hot. Yesterday it got up to 99 degrees in some places around the beach with an index of 117. I hear a lot of people comment on global warming, and I know that global warming is a factor but the plain truth is that every year we get 2 weeks of oppressive heat and that 2 weeks is usually around the end of July, first of August. It feels like the Roman god Vulcan put the whole east coast in his furnace. The Weather Channel promises temperatures back in the 80’s soon when that happens I’ll get some beach shots. I know the dogs will be happy with some "cooler" weather. I have not been taking them for their play time and they are getting a little stir crazy. The garden is for the most part shot, the tomatoes have stopped growing and my front yard looks gray brown. We could use a little tropical weather around here, opps did I say tropical weather I mean a few days of steady rainfall

No comments: