Sunday, August 05, 2007

the plants on the deck looked great when I got home mmmmm fresh cherry tomatoes and jalapeños peppers

It’s hard to believe I have been home for 4 days now. Those 4 days have gone by so fast. You can tell its still summer around here the weather is still hot and humid and what seems like hundreds of thousands of visitors seem to be trying to fit that last bit of summer vacation in before their kids head back to school. Traffic yesterday was bumper to bumper, it took me twice as long to get to work as it normally does. Traditionally our ED is “quiet” on weekends not so as of late. People are starting and ending their Outer Banks stay with a bang.

Many of the folks I know who have jobs in the service industry are suffering from summer overload. They are getting tired. Many have more than one job; the “make hay while the sun shines” mentality is very much at work here. I am lucky I get to take a few weeks off during one of the busiest times of summer. This lets me rejuvenate a little, be in a better frame of mind this last month of the season. I wish everyone else were as lucky; but the days are getting shorter and the sun’s glare is not as harsh as it was just two weeks ago. Summer is waning our kids go back to school in just a few weeks and autumn will be here soon after that. It won’t be long before we on the Outer Banks get to take a breather. One of the best times of the year here on the Banks is just 7 weeks away.

No comments: