Thursday, September 13, 2007

It has been nice on the banks this week. We had the Gabrielle “scare” last weekend but come Monday it was fair skies and clear water.

On another note:

This is why I hate to go to the doctor and have to be just about dying before I go. I had a head cold and a “touch” of bronchitis so I spent the early part of Monday looking for a doctor to see me. I had to go to Manteo to help my mom so I figured I would go to “Outer Banks Urgent Care” in Nags Head. I had never been there but I had taken my mom and kids and I knew a few of the nurses so I thought what the heck it’s on the way. Boy did I get a rude awakening; they would not see me because I forgot my driver’s license. I’ll admit it pissed me off when the “lady” rudely tapped on a sign they had taped on the receptionist window. I did not see the sign when I filled out the paper work; I did not know I did not have my license until I went to look for it. When I told her that some of the nurses in the back would know me all she said was that she was sure they would but there “are no exceptions”. That pissed me off I had been nursing a cough, sore throat and stuffy head for 10 days, I had left work early the night before and I needed some meds. I don’t remember saying much but I’m sure my body language was not nice. I had the receptionist return the paper work I had filled out, I could see no reason they would need it and headed on up to “Beach Medical” in Kitty Hawk. Now I had not been up there for myself in years, (I haven’t been to the doctor in years) but I had taken my mom and the kids so the folks knew who I was; they wanted ID also BUT instead of saying no they saw me. Every one was nice. The provider was great. I was able to catch up with some folks I had not seen in years (I know some of the staff). Had a quick exam and was on my way. Now I’m better. Next time I go to “Beach Medical” I’ll show them some ID. I will not say that I will never go to “Outer Banks Urgent Care” again but I will have to be desperate. I’m not the first one to have problems with them. I’ve had others tell me of their problems getting in to see the practitioners. It doesn’t matter how good the medical staff is when the front staff is less than likable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been quietly reading your blog for a couple of years. Don't understand why the receptionists would not be more accommodating. A simple could you fax a copy of your driver's license later or even stop in with a copy would be a simple and freindly request.

Enjoy your photos and look forward to more mountain scenes when you move. Do you plan to go to the mountains for fall color this year?

Another Outer Banker

Cindy Lee said...

Thanks for the comment,

I plan on going to the mountains in October, hopefully I'll see some fall color, its been so dry up there this year that "they" say the peak in color may come sooner than usual.