Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I woke up this morning to “change”. Barack Obama has been elected by a wide majority as the president elect of the United States of America. We as a nation needed a definitive win in this election. We needed there to be no question who won and that is what happened yesterday. Now comes the hard part, now comes the time of reckoning, now Obama has to deliver on his promises. I don’t expect the economic crises to be over tomorrow or even next year, it took along time for us as a nation to get into that mess and it will take along time for us to get out of it, but I do expect to see some true progress to a more stable economy. I don’t expect our involvement in the wars over seas to be over tomorrow, or for our status in the eyes of the world change over night, but I do expect to see great progress in both those areas. It is important for Obama to represent our country in a dignified way, to avoid scandal and extremes. To work towards a united country and to make me proud to say to anyone that I’m an American.

No comments: