Thursday, November 06, 2008



Just a few fall shots

I awoke this morning to a low guttural growl emitting from both my dogs. It was dark and just around 5:30 am so I told them to be quiet! I felt that most likely there was some type of vermin out outside that they caught a whiff of so I just wanted them to shut up and let me sleep a little more. There was no quieting them in fact they became more agitated and after about 2 minutes I found out why. Its hunting season around here and the men who my friend allows to hunt on her property were driving down her long driveway and as the growls turned into barely restrained barks all I could say to myself is that its going to be a long.. long 6 weeks.

1 comment:

Tony Plutonium said...

JennySlash avoids visiting my parents in Yancey County this time of year. Between now and January and between deer season and bear season, she just doesn't want to deal with it.

Of course, Chatham County is probably just as bad for people either hunting your land or walking across it to get to someone else's. And bullets don't recognize property lines.