Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Oh boy did I meet the right person. I met her last summer out by my mail box and we would talk to each other every once and a while, out by that mail box. We have been promising each other that we would have coffee together “sometime” but it never seemed to happen. Last week we finally exchanged e-mail addresses and yesterday we had coffee at her house. This woman is amazing, she is in her 70’s has chickens, honey bees and a green thumb to die for. She can use a chain saw and just learned how to use a back hoe. I don’t know what I have to offer in this friendship but in just those few hours we spent at her place I learned a lot.

I have been very fortunate in the people I have met here. I have met so many willing teachers, people that answer my questions no matter how “dumb” they might be. I can’t wait to put some of what I am learning to practice. Who knows in 20 years maybe I will be the teacher.

I sent the Arbor Day foundation a donation of $20 a while back. As a gift I was promised 10 trees. Last week I got my “trees”. I had to laugh at the twigs in the bag that counted as trees but c’est la vie, I put them in water when I got them, I just did not have time to plant them but yesterday I put them in pots. I don’t mind that I got twigs for trees after all what do you expect for $20 and it’s for a good cause. It will be interesting to see what happens.


They hung dry wall in the cabin this week. The dry wall gives me a real feel for how things are gonna be. The bath room is going to be TIGHT, TIGHT, TIGHT!

Welp I'm off to the property gotta do some weed eating.

No comments: