Friday, May 29, 2009

I was looking out what will someday be my bedroom window when I saw this "tree" I have been told it is an azalea. I have been very fortunate to find so many "surprises" on my property

Just a few lilypad flowers in my friends pond


The town of Floyd is trying to build a park so last week they had a benefit concert with four bluegrass bands, the music was good but I think I have had my fill of blue grass for a while

It’s been a while since my last blogg but I have had a lot going on. Between work the cabin and keeping up with friends my days have been full.

First things first, we have been having a LOT of rain, A LOT!... but in a way this is a good thing. The work on the cabin has been great. There is paint on the drywall, the trim is almost done, they are working on the floors right now and the cabinets come in next week. Now I’m not holding my breath that this pace of work will continue but I am hopeful. The weather is supposed to be better next week, we will see if they come back.

I am discovering a disadvantage to living in the country; socializing with friends takes a lot of time. At the beach it takes at the most 15 minutes to get most of my friend’s homes and for the most part I could walk. At the beach having a morning cup of coffee with a friend could be spontaneous here almost everything has to be planed out. I am adjusting but I miss those unplanned morning coffees with friends.

No comments: