Friday, May 15, 2009

Ok boys and girls here goes, I don’t go around telling people that I like sci-fi and fantasy but I do. And while Star Trek was not my first sci-fi venture, I was reading Bradbury, Asimov and Norton and watching the Twilight Zone and Astro Boy before I ever watched Star Trek. When Star Trek originally aired my parents had control of the TV, so before it hit syndication I rarely got to watch it, when I was finally able to sit down and watch episode after episode (thanks Cathy for introducing me to the Trek world) I was hooked. While I can’t tell you the name of every episode and I don’t know all the minor characters I can tell you with in 5 seconds what the story line is. I think the Star Trek universe is awesome but for the most part I have not been impressed with the movies until today. Today I saw the new Star Trek movie and it was really good. I was totally impressed. I won’t go into detail about what happens in the movie because I don’t want to ruin it for anyone. The makers of this Star Trek movie came up with a great way to continue the franchise with out having to worry about continuity. I know that sounds negative but its not. I am looking forward to more of these movies. Go Trek.

No comments: