Friday, January 22, 2010

Just a taste of winter

and the view it gives me

The weather was so nice last weekend that it gave those who were looking for it a false hope for an early spring. Yesterday dashed those hopes. We got another taste of winter; we got a bit of an ice storm. I had to work yesterday and as luck would have it we were very slow and I was able to go home early which was a good thing because it took me more than 2 hours to get home, 45mins of that was spent going the last 3 ½ miles. A friend of mine had attempted to call me on my cell but I did not turn it on so I missed the message about not trying to get home. To be honest the major roads were fine up until I reached Dugspur that’s when the ice on the road began to become more obvious. By the time I got to Willis it was bad. The ride home became a white knuckle 4 wheel drive night time adventure that I don’t care to have again.

One thing good about this weather is that the ground is frozen so the dogs aren’t bringing in mud, annnnnd I cant roll logs down the hill annnnnd its too cold to work in the shed soooo I get to spent the day reading and not feeling guilty about it!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lhlkliu