Friday, January 15, 2010

We are having a bit of a January thaw here in Floyd County VA. I spent much of the morning and early afternoon cleaning the shed and rolling logs down my back hill. I had DZ tree removal come over and cut a bunch of trees that were either on the ground or about to be on the ground into fire wood size pieces that I then rolled down the hill (I will be rolling the wood for quiet a few days but it is the only way to get it down). I will then split them so that I will have fire wood for next year. It’s a lot of work but I can’t see buying a lot of wood when I have my own trees that need to be taken care of. I think when you factor in paying to cut the logs then rolling them down the hill, then splitting and stacking the wood it would have been more cost effective to have just paid for firewood but the trees are good fire wood and it would be a waste not to use them so I don’t mind burning a few calories.


After all that work I spent a little time on the deck enjoying the sun, a magazine and a glass of lemonade. Ahh feels like spring.

No comments: