Sunday, December 11, 2005

*It’s December 11th just two weeks until Christmas. My house is decked out in lights, red bows and a wreath. The Christmas tree is decorated, the porcelain nativity and the lighted porcelain Christmas village are out to be seen. Christmas music plays while I bake cookies, brownies and cakes, my gifts to my friends, neighbors and associates. While baking these gifts is something I enjoy doing, this year its saddens me a little, you see three of my dearest friends and neighbors moved this fall and I sorely miss them.


*While listening to a “Prairie Home Companion” last night, folks you have to turn off the TV it’s a public broadcast radio show, the host was talking about New York and Minnesota winters it brought to mind a story told by one of the ladies I work with;

  • My coworker’s sister moved to Minnesota in late October and she went to visit her for the thanksgiving holiday. Well just before my coworker got to Minnesota the weather turned very cold. At the airport the coworkers sister commented the ground must really freeze and effect the plumbing because everyone had outhouses in their yard. Well my coworker found this puzzling until her sister pointed out one of the “outhouses”; it was an ice-fishing house.

No comments: