Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Today is the last day I have to get everything ready for Christmas, I work Thursday and Friday night so Saturday morning will be lost time. We will be having our big Christmas Dinner on Christmas Eve this year because the boys will be at their dad’s Christmas evening. Christmas dinner is always a “simple” we will have prime rib, ham, green beans, broccoli, mashed potatoes, fresh bread, fruit salad and pumpkin pie (The only kind pie the guys will eat). My mother will do a lot of the cooking while I sleep but the prime rib is my baby. Christmas morning we will open presents then as we have been doing for many years we will go out for a breakfast feast at the Jolly Roger restaurant. There is always a tinge of gilt associated with the restaurant thing. People are waiting on us instead of being with their families so we compensate them well.
In the evening the boys will go to their dads and I will take mom home. The end of the day will find the dogs and me at home by our selves, the house quiet. I love Christmas.

No comments: